I started reading philosophy in college. I'd show up to school six hours early to read. What I didn't know at the time is that teaching myself philosophy was helping me cope with PTSD, Depression and adjusting to civilian life.
IIWAC was born out the desire to kill two birds with one rock. Combine my love of horror movies and philosophical studies. What I soon learned is that not only was I having fun doing something I enjoy, I also realized that writing also benefited my mental health.
Interrogating Ideology With a Chainsaw in my little corner of the internet where I write about Horror Movies, Politics, and the cutest and most deadly cat on the internet - Cthulhu.
Interrogating Ideology With A Chainsaw's Mission is to:
- Create a comprehensive body of horror studies
- Sacrifice babies
- Collaborate with cool people to do cool things
- Overthrow Capitalism
- Worship Cthulhu
What Must Be Done?
- Join the Monthly Mailing List
- Donate a little bit of your soul! All proceeds will go to deferring the cost of movie and book purchases.
- Send me some Mail! - Do you have a suggestion about a movie that needs an interrogation? Do you have an awesome idea for the revolution? Do you just want to tell me how much you hate me? Are you a secret admire and want to get married and run off to a cabin in the woods to be eaten by zombies? Do you write scary books, or create scary art, or do something cool and want to be interviewed? If you answered: yes to any of these questions then you are obligated to leave me an awesome message.
LOVE and HATE mail
"A personal favorite." - The Guardian
"I really like your style of writing and digging into the heart of horror. It is something the Horror Community needs. It sort of brings it to life." Zainab Ali - The Nightmare Nook Blog
"Interesting. Well written. I don't see any obvious logical flaws." -EvilJ
"I appreciate sites and blogs that are not JUST about how much gore was in a movie or book" - Fragmented Fears
"I've read a few of your articles now and I've got to say, these are really interesting. Horror movies aren't something I watch very often at all, but it's really cool to see someone break them down. That's something that I think a lot of people miss when they just call horror films mindless slashfests. Granted, a lot of them are, but that's not to say that there aren't still enough that have a lot more going on than just gore underneath the surface." - Austin Richardson
"I'm diggin' your blog. Really interesting." -Ashley
"Love your site!" - A.Giacomo
"How do you manage to write so prolifically? Does your method involve unspeakable rites? My faculty frowns on unspeakable rites." - Etienne